The 2013 Campus Compact Heartland Conference will be held September 19-20 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Invitation to Submit a Concurrent Session Proposal
We invite your participation in the Campus Compact Heartland Conference, September 19-20, 2013 in Tulsa, OK. This conference will bring together individuals from across the nation to explore different perspectives on service-learning and civic engagement alongside colleagues from Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma, and surrounding areas and provide an opportunity for service-learning professionals and community partners to share program models and best practices, and network with one another.
If interested in participating in this year's Heartland Conference, read the 2013 Request for Proposal below to review the conference's point of emphasis and requirements for concurrent sessions.
The submission deadline for concurrent session proposals is May 24, 2013 by 5:00 p.m. CST . All proposals should be sent to Josh Mosier at email@example.com.
- Enhancing practical service-learning skills and deepening philosophical understanding of participants;
- Communicating ideas and practical solutions to service-learning challenges;
- Exploring engaged scholarship and community-based research;
- Offering provocative, inclusive and interactive conference sessions;
- Demonstrating evidence of effectiveness for student and community outcomes;
- Celebrating successes, rejuvenating, and connecting to the broader service community;
- Providing time for informal discussions and networking; and
- Building a regional network of service-learning colleagues.