Established 1935
ArrowheadsBottlesBig Eddy VisitationWhite River points from the Hogan siteClovis and Gainey White River drills from the Hogan siteMAS visitors to the Big Eddy siteShoe from Arnold Research CaveTurkey Tails from the Titterington CollectionscottsbluffPostersgraham cave ditch diggerLone Rock Petroglyphsslides20-25Graham CaveBig Eddy (2)Big Eddy (1)MAS visitors to Ray HouseJakie Open HouseRetallick and Haswell

The Missouri Archaeological Society

The Missouri Archaeological Society (MAS) was founded in the 1930s as a nonprofit organization dedicated exclusively to educational and charitable purposes. After almost 72 years at the University of Missouri, the MAS relocated to Missouri State University in 2006. The MAS office is located in Room 206 of Strong Hall.

Widely recognized as one of the oldest and most prestigious such organizations in the United States, the MAS currently has over 700 members, many of whom are active in 12 chapters scattered around the state.

Society Purposes

Society membership is open to all who support its purposes.

This Web site is maintained by the Missouri Archaeological Society. To notify us of problems or to make comments, email.
Last updated . © Missouri Archaeological Society