Society membership is open to all who support its purposes, which are to
- Unite those interested in the archaeology of Missouri
- Promote cooperation among professional and amateur archaeologists
- Promote the study, investigation, and interpretation of prehistoric and historic remains in Missouri
- Provide for the dissemination of knowledge and research in archaeology and related disciplines
- Provide for the recording, preservation, and display of remains and sites in Missouri, and for educational use of such information
- Promote a constructive public attitude toward these remains
- Recognize that artifact surface collecting and reporting has potential importance when performed in a manner consistent with the purposes and policies of the Society, specific guidelines, and State Historic Preservation Office site-recording procedures
There are seven levels of membership: Student ($15), Active ($25), Household ($30), Supporting ($45), Patron ($85), Life ($850), and Institutional ($35). Click here for a membership form.
Everybody benefits when you become a member of the Missouri Archaeological Society. You benefit by having the opportunity to learn and share your knowledge with others with similar interests, and the Society is better able to fulfill its purpose of the preservation and study of historical and prehistoric peoples of Missouri.
- 4 issues of the MAS Quarterly each year
- Receive a free annual Archaeology Month poster
- The Missouri Archaeologist (a single-issue volume published yearly)*
- Annual meeting featuring presentations and exhibits
- 10–50% discount on many MAS publications
- Receive email notifications of upcoming events and opportunities
*Student members do not receive The Missouri Archaeologist journal.
The MAS is pleased to announce the release of our newest Special Publication: Projectile Point Types in Missouri and Portions of Adjacent States by Jack H. Ray. The book is a product of more than 20 years of research in Missouri and surrounding states and features line drawings by artists Linda S. Ellis and Howard Del Thompson. This 208-page spiral-bound book will be an essential lab manual for the libraries of professional and avocational archaeologists alike. List price for the general public is $35, but it is available to members of the Missouri Archaeological Society for the reduced price of $25. To order, please use this form and enclose $6 for standard shipping charges.
Bonus Publication for New or Rejoining Members
If you are a new member, or are rejoining after a three-year (or longer) absence, then you're eligible for a free publication. To read more about which publications you may choose from (The Missouri Archaeologist volume 37, 38, 42, 52, or 53, or there is one selection of four pre-chosen issues of the Quarterly), follow this link for a free book form (PDF file; be sure to mark your selection).
To join the MAS, visit How To Join.