The Community Engagement Professional of the Year award recognizes one professional from a member campus in Oklahoma who has worked toward the institutionalization of academic service-learning and/or service, created and strived toward a vision of service for his/her campus, promoted higher education as a public good, provided exceptional support to faculty and students, and has been instrumental in forming innovative campus-community partnerships.
The Outstanding Community & Campus Collaboration award recognizes a sustained campus-community partnership in the state of Oklahoma that demonstrates a true partnership as evidenced by:
- Community agency involvement in the development of the course goals and learning outcomes.
- Measurable impact (qualitative and quantitative) on students, faculty and institution.
- Measurable impact on the lives of those served by the community agency.
- Commitment of community agency to student learning.
The Excellence in Community-Based Teaching & Scholarship award recognizes one faculty member from a member campus in Oklahoma who has:
- Successfully incorporated service-learning into at least one course with demonstrable outcomes.
- Conducted outstanding research in the field of service-learning and engaged scholarship.